Robert D. Moreton
- Domestic Relations
Robert D. Moreton (“Rob”) earned his bachelor’s degree from North Carolina State University and his juris doctorate, magna cum laude, from Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He devotes 90% of his practice to civil litigation with a focus in the areas of family, estates, and bankruptcy. The remaining 10% of his practice is helping clients plan so they avoid the possibility of litigation.
Rob represents clients in circuit, general district, and juvenile and domestic relations district courts of Fairfax, Prince William, Loudoun, Alexandria, Stafford, and Arlington. He also represents many individual and business clients in the United States Bankruptcy Court. Rob is experienced in handling complicated civil matters and is particularly familiar with the interplay of family and financial law.
When he’s not in the office, Rob finds long runs to be the best way to blow off steam and playing golf the best means of honing his patience. Having called the Washington, D.C. area home for the past fifteen years, Rob dedicates the balance of his time to staying active in the community.
- Virginia Bar Association, Present
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Present
- American Bar Association, Present
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Present
- Fairfax Bar Association, Present
- Virginia State Bar
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Virginia
- Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- Honors: magna cum laude
- North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina